05/06/2018

La reproduction interdite


                                                                                       
                                                                     


                                                                           

                                                                               




This is the age of the selfie. Everyone, nowadays,  knows how to represent themselves. What to avoid, what to heighten. Establishing blissful clarity. 
 I am not a selfie person.  I avoid a mirror. When I want to see another person,  I look at the mirror, is a joke, I’ve been telling for years.  
 Who you are is in your heart and mind.  There are certain ways of standing or sitting  or lying that match who I am. It's nothing more than a sentiment. Serenity is mine for a moment. I can think it out beforehand, but it can take me by surprise too. What a great instrument the body is! 
 But it cannot be photographed. Every photo fails to show who I am. The power of appearance is lost on me, sadly.  
When I take a polaroid, it’s the portrayed who decides how or what. This is my eldest duaghter. 




No comments:

Post a Comment