18/06/2018

Girl on scooter





I am sixty years old. “In the middle of the road of my life I awoke in the dark wood where the true way was wholly lost”, to quote the poet. Health prevailing.

I must admit this last year I’ve experienced something I’ve not known before. No, no one could forget  such an experience. I’ve known melancholy, sadness for loss. But this sadness is a totally new experience. The sense of not knowing what to live for. What’s ahead.

It happened a week ago. Tears came to me. Whilst I was riding my bike, on my way home. It was a hot day in June. One girl on a scooter passed me, then another.  Two girls on a scooter, later on.

These are images dear to my heart.

Independent, graceful, canty.  All qualities I lack. They know where they are going.  Look at their stature, absorbed in thought, how they sit, backs straight, their knees almost touching, their hair blowing in the wind.















[Four stages of a Dream : Behold Appropriate Transform Escape]

No comments:

Post a Comment