12/05/2018

Gretchen Peters Has Us Dancing with the Beast


Gretchen Peters has a new album out  : Dancing with the beast

                                                   



“I'm certainly not a frequent writer of sort of big love songs,” she admitted. “I'm not really a political songwriter, and I don't write protest songs, so to speak. But what I've been doing my whole career is telling stories. I think stories are the way that we open up that empathy space and figure out how does it feel to be somebody else. That's how we empathize this. It's the basis of great novels, and great films and I think great songs, too.”


 
Sometimes those great songs lend themselves to a darker point of view, as evidenced on “Wichita.” Of the song, she says “The way I approach writing these songs that are based on characters is I just live with the characters long enough until they start talking to me and telling me what their story is. I think that's the way that you get a really authentic l story. That's kind of how you get to the emotional truth of the thing is live with the characters.”



 Love this song, a character just started talking to her and told her her story  : Disappearing act

Watch the official lyric music video on YouTube. Directed by Joshua Britt and Neilson Hubbard for Neighborhoods Apart, starring Audrey Spillman. 


More info on her website

No comments:

Post a Comment